Not a lot of weight but when you're trying to keep your luggage to under 70 pounds it becomes a magic - almost celestial number.
So far I'm doing well packing - swell, not so much. I've kept two bags containing 80% of our things and most of my clothes to under 70 pounds. Swell is still crying about what to take and what to leave behind.
We are taking four bags - our allotment as cattle-people who buy economy tickets. Had we purchased first class tickets we would be allowed to take three bags each and two carry-ons. Rich people have privileges, they control the world's oil supply, they make the world's laws, they choose what we can view on television and they can carry excess luggage. In the words of the immortal and aurally pleasing Thee Pirates: "Bourgeoisie you make me sick".
Part of the problem of keeping our luggage to under 70 pounds is the fact that we're taking 40 pounds of notes and books. You read that right. 40 Pounds! I did, in fact, weigh our books and notes.
I was asked by a certain someone to take time out of my busy schedule (read: watching football) to put up a few pictures of the sleigh ride we had back in E'town. I have no preamble for these pictures - other than my shin is killing me. It doesn't hurt. It's just at that irritated-itchy-scabby-bruised stage. For those that don't know the story. I jumped off the sleigh because I was stuck in a bad spot and couldn't get past people. While trying to heave my obese self back onto the sleigh I stepped in soft snow just as the sleigh took a downward dip, thereby exposing my shin to a good sleigh-scraping-down-one's-shin. I was left battered and bruised.
Anyway onto the pictures:
The sleigh when it was empty.
The back of the sleigh with some people on it:
One shot of the scenery:
A picture of the post-sleigh ride hot dog roast. Good fun. Haven't done that in years!
My beautiful-easily-chilled-stress-filled wife.
FUN!
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing some picturs with us. I miss snow, but not the cold :)
I miss Maui. Thanks for the long talks :)
Interesting to know.
Post a Comment