Thursday, January 25, 2007

Had some more time

I had a few more minutes before the end of the day (we finished 5 syllabi (sp?) today and will work on trying to get a weeks worth of lectures done by the end of the "weekend")

A few short notes:

We work from 8:00 to 3:15 everyday (Saturday to Wednesday) - it's a hard life.

It is freezing here.

We have radiator "heat". It is cold at home.

We live on a mountain.

We work in the valley between two mountains.

We live in a city that also has Samaritans. They are good.

We have like 1000 channels on the TV. I can understand maybe 15 (12 of which are news channels). Swell can understand 16 as we get Romania TV.

We brought a lot of DVDs. We will watch a lot of DVDs.

If you want to contact us you can phone us at 011 970 59 907 6393 (if that doesn't work try 011 970 059 907 6393). This is our cell phone number. We also have a home number but I don't remember what it is. We have free incoming calls so cell phone/home phone no difference.

PLEASE NOTE: we do NOT live in your time zone.

Mustard, Pa, JDL, BBL, Jill, George, Cami, Cheese, The good one you live in E'Town.
E'town has a 9 hour time difference from us. That means we live in the future. So to figure out what time it is look at your watch SUBTRACT 3 and change am to pm. It is 7 pm at your house. You look at your watch and exclaim: "It is 7 pm at my house!" you then subtract 3. After putting your socks back on you say 7 minus 3 is 4. You then take your 4 and change that pm to am. So at our house it is 4 am. DO NOT CALL WE ARE SLEEPING!

Mama, Tata, Crina, Matt, April, anyone else who lives in PST. Do the same as above but subtract 2 so when it is 7 pm at your house it is 5 am at our house. STILL DO NOT CALL - WE ARE SLEEPING.

Gilda - you have it easiest. This is necessary because we all know that Romanians can't do math. You just change your am to pm. So you look at your watch and see that it says 7 pm. You then contemplate the tan line that your watch is leaving and say if it is 7 pm at my paradise it must be 7 am in their hell. You can then call. We are not sleeping.

To All. Please strongly consider how you are calling us. Skype may be cheaper (Free if you call our computer but that is for when we have internet at home) or if you find an international calling card that may be cheaper. Find out what works best for you and your budget. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT COLLECT CALLS. WE ARE BROKE.

Call me if you have any questions.

Sheepie and Swell (who is shivering across from me at her desk)

P.S. my abstract was accepted for the South Africa conference so I'll be presenting something there. Wish me luck.

Love all of you deeply - even the lurkers. (Seriously we do even if we don't know you.)

P.P.S please excuse spelling/grammatical errors. I was in a hurry.

A picture of us at the Step Pyramid - the great pyramids older brother (Note size - of the pyramid not me - by looking at the wee tiny people in the bottom right cornerish area of the pyramid):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post - interesting, made me laugh, made me tear up, made me glad you wrote. Let us know what we can pray for while you are learning about your students and preparing your lessons. Thanks for the lessons in telling time. Perhaps I'll remember.

Love Mum

Jill said...

Wow, it was so exciting to talk to you both today. I was getting frustrated that it was not working, but being so smart it went through. For those of you who are also trying to call them, their number is 972 not 970 (and of course the other numbers).
I can't wait to see you both.
By the way, I already knew what time it was there, I was just waiting for you to give me a phone number. I also do not have a tan line on my arm since I do not wear a watch. And it was not nice to say that Romanian's are not good at math, they are actually pretty good.
Anyways, keep warm and I will talk to you later. And I will see you soon.
Love you, J.