We're sitting at home right now. Swell is working on her contact lens lecture for Tuesday - I have no lectures on Tuesday which means I'm better than she is. It's true, I'm better.
Anyway we're sitting at home right now she's working on her lecture and I'm working on this. You might ask; "I wonder how he is working on a post if he is sitting at home right now with Swell sitting beside him working on her contact lens lecture for Tuesday he doesn't have a lecture on Tuesday so that makes him better than..."
...interruption...
What the heck was that? Don't mind us we're just hearing ummm.... some noises.
Anyway you were asking how I could be writing a post from home. Well we now have internet at home - well I have internet. Swell has a Mac. Mac's and developing countries... err... occupied territories... don't mix very well. Hopefully she will get online with her computer soon. Until then she'll have to use mine.
Today a fellow came set up my computer in a matter of minutes and I now have faster internet than I did back home. (Could be because I was stealing internet at home?)
We are sitting on the couch, I'm writing a post and swell is working on her contact lens lecture for Tuesday (I don't have a lecture on Tuesday!) but we're sitting in the cold. We have no water again. Surprisingly not a city wide issued despite the ummmm... noises we're hearing. The lack of water is just an us thing. One cannot have heat when the flat is heated by water. It's an unfortunate reality.
Luckily we also have electric heaters. That's nice. They heat a good square foot of space. Very lucky for us.
We have some fellows coming to look at the water situation. We hope that the ummmm... noises weren't directed at them.
We should note that we haven't seen our boss - the dean of optometry since Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are the weekend. Saturday's Israeli's (of which she is one) are forbidden from coming here under threat of arrest and fines. Not really sure why but she can't get out here on Saturdays. That means if we weren't here the students would have to have all of their lectures on Mon, Tues, and Wed. C-R-A-Z-Y. Makes us happy to be here. So far so good. Tommorrow is the first real day of lectures. Wish us luck!
Hope everyone is well.
Final for sure correct (maybe) contact information.
Cell phone: 011 972 59 907 6393
Home phone: 011 970 09 234 9525
Skype: mnpearce (according to Gilda - DON'T use skype to phone our home or cell phone only use it to phone our skype)
email: you should know it by now if not ask nicely and we'll give it to you.
There was actually a long break while writing this post. 7 guys just came to fix our water. It's fixed. We didn't break it. Someone is trying to sababtoge us.
Anyway that was long enough. I have to wait a couple of hours for hot water now so that I can have a shower.
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
2 comments:
Do I dare ask what the noise was you were hearing?
Calling off of Yahoo is cheaper at 19 cents per minute, but it's better to just call Skype. IT's FREE.
Have a good day today.
We were told to expect "noise" almost every day. But that we live far, far away from "noises" and not to worry. Matthew's in lecture, I'm stressing over mine...I'm ready I guess, just scared. Hopefully all the technology will work okay (lap top, projector). Nice chatting with you. Now we can also chat from home on Sheepie's computer; when I'm not stressing out over my lectures that is. It'll take a week or so till I get the hang of it...
Good talking to you yesterday :) Have a good week.
Swell
Post a Comment