Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

So it's 11:35 pm Pacific Time as I write this. I'm not going to make it to midnight. We have a 6:45 am flight tomorrow and won't get to the ATL until 7:30 pm Eastern. New Years is a big whatever in my book. So the calander changes a year. Yippee! I'll still be writing 2006 for the next month or so - cause I can't remember to write the correct year for most of Jan. usually.

We're having some major weight issues with our luggage. We are bringing some long forgotten notes with us. Major jettison of gifts occurring. No new books for Swell. She's crying. No candles for Swell. She's bawling. No new remote control bus for me. I'll cry about it later. We'll see if we have to leave anything else behind when we get to the airport. I broke the scale yesterday so I can't weigh the bags. (I'll leave the "He broke the scale" jokes to you - the true story is I accidentally stepped on it while getting off the ladder with a 50 pound box of books and notes.)

Also having major problems with British Airways. We're only allowed a single carry on bag... that causes a big kink in our plans. I'll do some figuring on that front next week.

Any way. I hope everyone has a fantastic year. Here's to new beginnings - let's all go on a diet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Matthew and Nicole. Not surprised that you had to unpack some of your goodies and leave them in Washington. Bummer about the British Airways rules.

Re the diet - we start ours after Las Vegas - we leave on Wednesday and we are looking forward to it.

Hope your trip was uneventful and that you and your luggage arrive safety home.

Love Mum

Jill said...

Wow, another week, and you leave. How are you feeling? Are you ready?
I only have a month and a half. Can't believe it's so close. I'll have to hear all about it when you get there.
Happy New Year!