Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Internet is Pretty Cool

Not much going on in Atlanta these days. We're still working.

We're still breathing.

That's about all we're doing.

Although on Tuesday we were able to go to a hockey game for free. It was fun.

We saw the Atlanta Thrashers beat the Washington Capitols 2-1 in overtime. I'm not entirely sure how we got the tickets.

I know they were given to us by one of my employers. I know that he got them from a local Ophthalmologist. I don't know how the ophthalmologist got them.

Are they the practice's tickets that they give out to various optometrists as a thank-you for referrals?

Were they given to the ophthalmologist from a pharmaceutical company and then passed down the food chain?

Are they the ophthalmologists personal tickets and he just couldn't use them?

I don't know and I don't really care.

Swell and I were joined by the office manager and his friend as no-one else from the office could go. We were sitting directly across from one of the goal posts about 3 rows up from the glass. We had our own personal waiter although the food was not free.

Well it was but it wasn't.

As I reached for my wallet to pay for our hot dogs and drinks the office manager pulled out the company credit card and we ate for "free". Good times.

It made us want to go to more games because they're fun. We'll see if we actually pay for something though.

I don't like to pay for things.

I like free things.

Many of you will remember that before this incarnation of our "blog" we had a different one. We did not do a very good job at keeping that "blog" unidentifiable.

A few weeks ago a fellow Swell works with had the following exchange with her.

Swell: You're making me angry. Stop it. I'll figure it out.
Guy: If anyone should be angry it should be me! I read what you wrote on your blog.
Swell: What? What blog? We have three of them. What are you talking about?
Guy: You wrote it just before you left to go to Palestine.
Swell: Was what we wrote a lie? What are you talking about?
Guy: I could have said something about this when I first saw you but I bit my tongue...

aside. The funny thing is he may have bit his tongue then but he was waiting for a time to bring this up. It was eating at his very soul.

...I wouldn't say it was untrue but I would say that people have different opinions about things.

Swell: Well I don't know what you're talking about but I do know that I didn't write it. It was my husband.
Guy: I know it was your husband.
Swell: How did you get it.
Guy: Some one printed it off and gave it to me.

Someone PRINTED IT OFF AND GAVE IT TO HIM!

Swell: Who.
Guy: I'm not going to tell.

Now this is the funniest thing. Someone took the time to print off one of our posts and show it to him after we had departed Atlanta. His talking about this made us want to go back and read what we I wrote.

I stand by it, although it seems a little mean. When I apologized to Swell for getting her in trouble she didn't care. She stands by it as well. Hopefully, we have done a better job of keeping this one from being found by those we don't want to see it, although we continue to stand by whatever we've written here as well.

Here is a portion of what was written:

Person "1" is by far the most annoying. I'm thinking specifically of a guy named [his name was written here]... a co-worker of Swell's. Suffice it to say he is an ass. Not just about this but about everything he ever does. He's mean, arrogant, and cruel. The funny thing, to me, is that he has absolutely nothing to be arrogant about. He has a terrible job at which he does a terrible job. He has a miserable life - mostly thanks to himself - yet he treats everyone he meets with great contempt. He thought it necessary to scare Swell all day at work yesterday by saying BOOM . To get her "used to hearing the bombs". Luckily for Swell her work experience this year has been limited with this guy. She was very fortunate to be transferred out of his store. But by trying to scare Swell (in two ways at that) I nominate him for jack ass of the year. I am sure he will receive a plethora of votes. I think his saying that she should get used to hearing the bombs speaks loudly to his intelligence (read lack of).

Oops.

But Ha, Ha!

When reading this post over Swell and I began to wonder how we could go about saving all those posts for posterity's sake. I was searching the internet and found a program someone devised that would take every post we made and convert it to a PDF file along with all the comments people left.

He made the program to be used for free, although I did donate some money for his troubles. So we have saved all our posts but I'm currently trying to do it again because none of the pictures came through. If the pictures never come through I'm still really stoked that someone took the time to make this program for donations only. It's really cool and we're happy to have those 18 months saved.

So to the internet gurus out there I salute you.

My computer may not be long for this world as the monitor is having intermittent seizures. It will get all dark and then the monitor will begin to flash at a relatively rapid pace.

Maybe I'll get a free replacement?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with you and getting sweet things for free at hockey games. Do you recall certain hockey game you and I went to for free with tickets from a certain father's work. Where we sat in the "sweet seats" for the whole game until someone decided they would show up in hte third period and kick us out of said seats. Good times.

Do you suppose this office person used the sweet PDF converter to print your blog off? haha.

Unknown said...

How could I forget. That was such a good time. That was my first hockey game and we were soooo excited about the seats...

The real seats were pretty good to though.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that this fellow who was angry didn't become introspective at considering how he was coming across to others - he'd rather shoot the messenger than look at the truth. Glad your new blog is more secure although I think, given his disposition, it was good this fellow was given the blog - even if it didn't seem to change him. Kinda a long time to hold a grudge and then to bring it up when the conversation wasn't even about that - he's good at deflecting from what is really the point.