Swell is well loved.
Me?
Not so much.
Swell was basically told that she has her old job back (at least 4/5ths of her old job) when she returns from Florida.
Me?
Not so much.
Not that I'd want my old job back. My old job was hideous.
Terrible.
Awful.
The worst job.
THE WORST JOB.
Well, maybe not the worst job, but a bad job nonetheless.
I've been looking for work but there hasn't been much advertised. I signed up with a company that offers fill-in services in the metro-Atlanta area. Not much out there and that which was offered is a million miles away. I took one job through that but its only for one day.
And not until August 1st.
I do have a meeting with an OD tomorrow. She has a part-time job very close to our house availableish. She has a couple of days per week for the rest of the summer and says it should become a 30 hour/week job in the fall. We'll see.
While Swell's been working I've been doing a lot of nothing.
A lot.
Of nothing.
Swell and I have had the last 5 days off together. We did our taxes.
Kaching! ... In four weeks.
We also came to the somewhat startling realization that we require somewhere between 8 and 36 hours of continuing education by December 31.
I realize that the spread between 8 and 36 is large and we should know how much CE we need but we have yet to be told.
In Georgia we require 36 hours of CE every two years. So our two years is up on December 31st. We think we have 28 hours done already but may be told that it doesn't count.
In June of 2006 we spent four days in Seattle and received a certificate for 28 hours of CE (necessary to maintain our Washington licenses), however, the fine folks in Washington didn't clear the CE through the organization that determines the acceptability of CE throughout the US. (If this organization OKs the education all state boards recognize the hours). So we now need to ensure that those 28 hours can be applied toward our 36.
Hopefully they will be.
As it stands now we need to obtain at least 8 hours of CE before December 31. So we have a few choices.
Florida at the end of October.
Or Las Vegas at the beginning of October.
They actually would end up being about the same cost.
I plan on going to the conference that is being held in Florida next year as I'll hope to be interviewing for a fellowship at that time (it won't be in Florida next year but it is the same conference).
So we're leaning toward Las Vegas because we're game for a good time and by early October we'll hate our jobs again and be eager to leave and have a good time.
Make sense?
Now how do we pay for it?
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
8 comments:
Ever been to Vegas? Some good shows, bad buffets and lots of smoke - great people watching. You have to see the Venetian & the pirate show across the street from the Venetian at some casino I forge the name of right now.
Hi April,
We almost had a conversation on the phone :) Hope you made it home okay.
We've been to Vegas a few times and seem to enjoy it. It's always fun to people-watch like you said! And that's a good place for it. We found an amazing deal through costco for airfare and hotel (the Wynn!!!) But Tampa has Busch gardens! So....we'll see I guess. Never been to Tampa, but I do know someone who lives there.
Hopefully we'll get to talk tomorrow :)
Don't go to the Pirate show - they changed it from family entertainment to smut.
Can we meet you in Las Vegas in October?
Love Mum
I was going to offer to meet you. Sonia and I are supposed to have free tickets for going to Vegas as we sat through a timeshare meeting. We could meet you for a weekend. I have never been there before but Sonia has.
J-L
Swell,
I felt rude when I got off the phone with you tonight! I had to get off the phone because I was going to the Greenlake neighborhood that I'm not familiar with and since the traffic cleared up I had to go highway speed and pay attention (well, I suppose I had to pay attention when I was going 10 miles an hour). Talk to you tomorrow.
I'll come to Vegas, I haven't been since I was 16. Maybe I can find some CE there for me.
Do you have any pictures from Romania?
Hey, it looks like you got yourself a convoy for L.V. - Better go to Tampa if you want to avoid the crowd! LOL.
April,
Don't worry about it, you were not rude at all. That happens to me all the time...especially if I don't have my hands-free set...
J-L, Mum, Jilda
Come one, come all!! :)
I guess Vegas is winning :) That would be very fun. The conference is Oct 3-Oct 6. We were actually gonna go on the 2nd and leave on the 6th; but if you all come we can spend the entire weekend and leave on the 7th in the evening.
Jilda,
What pic's are you asking for? We've posted some here before. Is there something in specific you are asking about?
Post a Comment