Sunday, July 08, 2007

Deep Sheet

1. Rent the movie Children of Men
2. Go to the bonus features menu
3. Watch the documentary "The Possibility of Hope"
4. Consider putting a gun to your head
5. Decide that having children does not sound like a nice idea

Real post...tomorrow?

Oh I got this in the email the other day. Y'all might not care but it is big and exciting news for me.

"04-Jul-2007

Dear Dr. In Charge of Writing the Group Paper I was Part of:

It is a pleasure to accept your manuscript entitled "The Rationale for
Shifting from a Volunteer Clinical Approach to a Public Health Approach in
Addressing Refractive Errors" in its current form for publication in
Clinical and Experimental Optometry. You will recieve proofs in due course.

Sincerely,
yadda yadda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooo hoooo! I thought you previously said you were going to have to do a gazillion revisions to get this accepted. Congratulations! You done good.

Love Mum

apriljahns said...

Yea! Your paper was accepted! That's exciting. I would ask you to tell me in what publication it will be and when but I have a feeling it wouldn't translate to a layman.

Thanks for the heads up on the movie. Definitely will not rent it.

Matt and Crina said...

Clinical and Experimental Optometry should be proud of to have someone like you! Congrats! Like April said, you need to translate for us the layman to read and understand. It will be 'interesant' to find out what your ideas are....
Crina

Anonymous said...

I loved children of men yet it was somewhat disturbing.