Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Home

Well we made it home.
Not going to say much now as it was a miserable 24 hours.
We had a lot of fun on our last few days in Durban.
Had fun on the safari. Had fun eating out. Had fun looking at souvenirs.
Upon departure the no-fun started.
Overly hot planes.
Overly stinky fellow passengers.
Overly disgusting food.
Overly cramped seating.
Overly missing luggage.
Surprisingly the only good thing about the trip home was the ease through which we passed through passport control here in Israel.
Now we're sitting at home in misery because of the overly cold home we live in.
Sorry for all the complaining. Hopefully we'll have something more fun to say tomorrow.

I'll leave you with a single picture of our safari. We have many more but I thought my Ma might like to see this one:

10 comments:

Jill said...

Yay, I'm so happy you made it home to your overly cold house. At least you're home safe. I can't wait to see your pictures. Good thing you didn't have any difficulties going back into Israel. Have a good week at work.

Jill said...

I hope I am on disc 4 of VM cause that's what's coming in the mail.
Will you have your regular weekend days?

apriljahns said...

Glad your safe and can't wait to hear more about the trip.

Anonymous said...

your ma was thrilled with the picture - thank you! Glad you are home safely. Sorry for your miseries. It sometimes isn't fun to travel at all. We've been looking for a trip to take in April - I think we'll end up driving to Winnipeg. A few interesting things here. I'll email you...when I get over the flu.

Love Mum

Unknown said...

We do have regular weekend now.. but no Skype chatting for us since they have our headset somewhere in Israel now (I think). We won't get our luggage until probably Monday! :(
swell

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip. I look forward to the stories.

Something cool to check out. One of my grade 7 students sang at the Oilers game this week. She sang the Anthem in Cree. Go to www.edmontonoilers.com. Click on Recent Media Clips and then 3/19: O Canada in Cree. She told me she was crying before she went out but I think she did amazing.

J-L

P.S. The more the mechanic tries to take apart the car the more he is finding problems. Apparently, several of the engine mounts of sheared off and my engine is about to fall out. sigh.

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it home! :)

Anonymous said...

that last comment was from Maisha (sorry I always forget to put my name)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're home as well. Although i haven't been too good at checking this journal it was much more convenient when it was on my friends list on the other site, but now that it's here i forget to check it constantly. Terrible really. But i am glad that you're back.

Jill said...

Those were wonderful pictures. It must have been amazing to see the animals so close. How many people were in the car with you? Were you going fast or slow? and did you stop at some parts in the park? Sorry for all the questions.