Friday, March 02, 2007

My Turn

I haven't posted in a LONG time. It really hasn't been too boring though. I've actually enjoyed the days off this week as it allowed us to catch up on work (G was here last week so we didn't do much). And it allowed me to cook, talk Sheepie into playing games with me (I beat him badly at Canasta, but he beat me at Yahtzee). We finished Veronica Mars Season 1 AND Season 2 now! We're watching a couple of movies on TV right now, but I must get to work soon... Work meaning laundry, little bit of cleaning, and hopefully baking cookies. I have most of the ingredients, but couldn't find chocolate chips; I bought a chocolate bar and will make sheepie try to get it into chips. I also don't have any brown sugar. And I found baking powder, not baking soda. Oh yeah, and I'm not sure if I bought butter or margarine (can't understand the package). But it'll be fun to try and it will be nice to have cookies if they actually turn out. I made up my exams for my two classes, but I'll have to look them over again to make sure they are not too hard. Multiple choice mainly, just a couple of short answer. It's also been pretty cold again... hard to get motivation to do anything but sit here and watch movies next to the heater when it's cold.

Last week when G was here we (G and I) decided to go for a short walk to take some pic's from around our place. We ended up meeting lots of kids (G even played soccer with them) and it was fun cuz the kids kept following us around. We were all just staring at the big dog (Max) and then the owner came out and asked us if we want to go on a walk with her and Max. We were both thrilled and I ran back into the house to tell Sheepie we're going on a walk with our neighbor and her dog. So we started off, but about 5 kids ended up coming with us. She said she could never get them to come walk with her, but since we were there they really wanted to come. Apparently everybody knows about us and where we live and the little kids tell their parents, "Oh, I saw Swell and Sheepie come home today!" It was fun to interact with them and they were excited to show us around the hills where they live. We got some amazing views and kinda lost track of time. We decided to watch the sunset before heading back and the kids picked red poppy flowers for us. It was so much fun, probably the best time I've had since we've come here. Unfortunately, we were gone for way too long and sheepie was getting worried (he didn't come cuz he was actually doing school work). Some other kids ran to us and told us he was outside looking for us. We went home and boy, was Sheepie mad at us. He didn't think we'd be gone for so long and he was worried (just the day before the 3 Americans were kidnapped). I felt very safe on our walk, it was mostly just through the hills (with olive trees) and next to some houses that were still in construction. So next time Sheepie just better come with us cuz the next sunny day we get, I wanna go back! Here's some pic's form our walk:











Our home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your walk with us. It was fun to read and it sounds like you really did have a good time. Hope your weekend goes well.

Love Mum

apriljahns said...

Thanks for the pictures - I really enjoy them.
Hope your baking adventures turn out well.