So is this the end or is it just the beginning?
It was a miserable weak to say the least. We struggled with being trapped in our home, struggled with writing our first exams for our students knowing that even the simplest questions may be too difficult, we struggled with being lonely. We survived to learn today that the Israelis departed and claimed that "Operation Warm Winter" was completed.
Six hours later I read:
"Defense Minister Amir Peretz on Thursday ordered a full closure to be imposed on the West Bank and the Gaza Strip from Thursday night until Monday at midnight.
Army Radio reported that the decision was made due to the large amount of terror attack warnings received annually during the Purim holiday, which commences on Saturday night." Source
We don't really know what this means but it could mean that our students - who probably went home for the weekend won't be able to make it back until Tuesday. I guess we'll find out over the next two days.
Happy Friday to all y'all.
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
5 comments:
Happy Friday to you too! I hope that life is not to boring for you this weekend. I bet you don't want any more snow days with real snow once you return. Say, what opportunity is there in South Africa? When are you going there and For how long?
Take care,
Bert
Well you can look forward to the parcel I sent you yesterday - I think it will be there in..... 6-8 weeks - perhaps it might even get there while you are still teaching - no chance I'm sending you another one - ridiculous shipping!
You being lonely makes me want to hop on a plane and come right down - but that's not going to happen either. Life is full of disappointments. Sorry your week was so sucky.
Love you both.
Mum
Hey Bert,
May we ask who you are?
swell
Thanks for the parcel!!! We're looking forward to it. Sorry the shipping was so expensive. It might have been cheaper sending it to my parents and having them FedEx it to us thru my dad's work. But he still ended up paying like $75, but it was 13 kilos. My parents just sent us some warm clothes and PJs. And I requested a couple of things for the kitchen (potato masher, spices). It was a mess to get it cuz I gave the wrong address (I missed the "5" after street). Hopefully you have the correct one! Thanks again :) Wish we were all super rich so we could fly anywhere at anytime...
swell
Re the parcel - no "5" in the address - sent it to the address that Matthew suggested, through Jerusalem. Hope it does get there. I kept it under the 5 kg. easily - so you didn't have to pay duty.
Love Mum
Post a Comment