Swell's computer isn't able to be used with the projector as they don't have the right cord available for it so she uses mine. This becomes difficult when she creates gigantic files that need to be transferred to my computer. Hopefully she'll start making smaller, more friendly files this week forward.
We don't have much to say. We're living pretty boring lives right now. We get up at 6 in the morning get ready go to school for 8 and then lecture/work on lectures until 3pm. We then come home - often stopping at the supermarket to buy food/supplies - and work some more and/or watch Freaks and Geeks. Not an exciting life but we're enjoying it.
We did spend a few hours yesterday putting a selection of our Egpyt photos up for all y'all to enjoy. (http://picasaweb.google.com/xmattodx double click on the first photo to make them bigger and then you can scroll through them. I don't suggest doing slide show) I'll try to write out some stories behind the photos later today. Now - I need to eat and get to work on next weeks lectures. But before then while we were on our Nile cruise the cleaning staff would make towel designs on our beds. They made a flower, cobra and other things. We could identify all of them but this one:
What is this? Please guess away.
Bottom line of the above post: We're still safe but we're freezing to death.
10 comments:
Looks like a baby to me.
We are freezing too! But not indoors.
Looking forward to seeing your Egypt pictures and in reading your stories about them.
Congrats on making it through week 1. Have a good time off work and squeeze in some time for fun along with your lecture preparation. Can you get a proper cord for Nicole's computer so she can use the projector with her machine?
Love Mum
It looks like a person getting a tan.
I'm leaning towards the person laying out tanning.
TOday we got a postcard, we got a postcard! We got so excited to hear from you! I took my Mom's postcard from TX, she send one a couple months ago when she went for work, and we put your postcard up on the fridge in the middle! I cannot tell you what you are doing to Matt: the more he reads your blog, the more he reads about it on the internet, the more he dreams to see the pyramids! Surprize for us, your postcard has the Pyramids!! We'll have to go there too! I just want to get some sweatshirts that say "Romania" on it. I will not expand on the matter...
The picture is weird. Your towel looks like it is a naked chicken with twisted legs ready to be stuffed for Christmas dinner. Love the sunglasses touch!
Do you have an address we can write to you a letter, or would you preffer a phonecall? You know our email address if you think sending your address is safe.
Stay warm!!
Warm hugs from the sunny WA,
Crina, Matt, Baby and Noelle
I am looking at the pictures from Egypt, and I have to type my comments before I forget them. Not as impressed with the 3 Pyramids, compared to Luxor. I liked Luxor the most, and the Valley of the Kings. They had lots of Kings, and Gods. I think the most popular God was the God of Fertility. No explanation why I think that, it is pretty obvious why everyone would go there to see him.
I lauged at the breakfast on the train: four kinds of bread, butter and jelly. Nice. But I bet camel tasted good for dinner. I wouldn't mind to taste camel.
Very interesant: Hatshepsut Temple! That looks neat!
Hey! You shouldn't be scared about things made in Romania! I am on Swell's side: we are made in Romania. Be AFrain, very afraid...
As I scroll through the pictures a thought crosses my mind: were they obsessed with mummifying things? Why an alligator?
Ok, last one but not the least: the Egyptian bagpipers! Goooood one!
Bye for now! Bye again!
Crina
Thanks for your comments/guesses. I thought it maybe a monkey...or an attempt at one. But probably now cuz no tail. I guess the person tanning wins, since it had the most votes.
As far as the projector cord, I just did my slideshows on Sheepie's computer, but I can ask if they have a different cord. It's alright though, it's just for one class.
I'll email the address you can send mail/stuff to later, I'm working on getting defrosted now and I'm not moving. Also, we have Skype and can try to reach us on that if the time works out okay. I'll email our username as well (to those interested).
Yes, the ancient Egyptians were obesessed with mummifing things because they thought that would make they live forever (it kinda did!); sometimes they would mummy their favorite pets. At the museum there was a whole a animal mummy room with a pet monkey in it. Pretty cool pet monkey.
Swell
I'm glad you are able to do some work on your computer. Sorry that you are still freezing.
Sheepie, or Swell... how do you post links on your blog? If you are going to refer me to the FAQs or 'help' section don't bother. Been there, tried that. I would like to post you as a link on my site but alas, I'm technologically disadvantaged.
well, it looks like a huge tooth to me, possibly a molar!!!!
Dr. AJ
Ha, Ha!!! It does look like a molar!!! It take a dentist to realize that...
swell
the japanese tourist is the
best picture.
Post a Comment