Well after 18 hours of travel we made it to Nome safe and sound.
We're working today.
I leave tomorrow.
I get to go the bustling metropolis of Diomede. I hope beyond hope that the horror stories don't come true. It seems that people often get stuck on Diomede due to weather. I don't wanna be stuck. In and out. Thats what I want.
We aren't both going because the population isn't big enough to keep two of us busy. So its just me. Swell elected to stay in Nome.
One of the first things we're asked when we meet people who are interested in Nome is how long the days were.
Well they weren't that short when we were here last time. And they are LONG now. We got in at 8:30 last night and I swore it was mid-day.
Remember I'm from Edmonton and I'm used to long days.
But dang it was bright.
We're quite excited that we'll be here for the midnight sun party/celebration thing.
Well a short update. If you're lucky Swell will keep all y'all up to date over the next 3 or 4 days. If you know her number you should give her a call starting tomorrow. She is gonna be lonely.
You can't call me 'cause where I'm going cell phones don't work.
Woe is me.
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
3 comments:
How different is Edmonton compared to Alaska when it comes to the length of the day or night?
Glad you arrived safely! Looking forward to hear from you!
Please call me if you feel lonely!
Crina
I looked up Diomede. It is 2.5 miles from Russia. I think you should pop by so you can say you've been in Russia too. Have fun!
I've got places booked to stay for our trip. Currently coming up with an itinerary. Look for my email soon.
Love,
J-L
Hey Nicole. You doin' okay? Lonely yet? When is Matthew supposed to be coming back? How is the work there? ANy word about the house sale - is it being shown while you are away?
Just dropping in to say hi.
Love Mum
Post a Comment