It's really starting to stink now. I can handle doing nothing for a couple of days, or maybe even for a week, but for a couple of weeks it's just getting outta hand! I feel like we're in prison, albeit we do have tv access. We've been religiously watching shows we would never watch at home just because they are on. Dr. Phil, Rachel Ray (I do enjoy her cooking, but her show is quite annoying - her voice is too much to handle), Oprah, Jeapordy, Wheel of Fortune, ET, and some random movies. We stopped watching our DVD series since Sheepie's computer is broken. My computer isn't loud enough for both of us to watch. We've been going back and forth between tv watching and packing. We'll watch 30 min of tv, then go walk around the house looking for things we can pack. It's quite funny...we're leaving in a week yet we just wanna pack everything...but we still need to use this stuff. We're so bored we might end up packing it all and just live out of our suitcases.
The weather is great - sunny and warm. We went outside for 15 minutes today. We walked to the store just so we can get out of the house and enjoy the sun. We took some pictures on the way back and that was as exciting as it gets. I'm doing laundry as much as possible - have to wait a day or two for the stuff to dry so I can only do one or two loads at one time.
Looking forward to our WDW and universal trip a lot. Dang it Sheepie! It's all your fault that I've been reading the DIS(ney) boards!
We've got 5 long weeks in Romania. Long because we really have no plans while we're there. Besides visiting family, there are just a couple of places I wanna go to. I want to go to the Peasant Museum, the Village Museum, and the People's Palace. Maybe we'll go to Sibiu with my cousins. I'm considering a trip to the Black sea for a couple of days but I'm not sure if it's worth it. There are lots of ppl to visit and that'll be fun, but 5 weeks of visiting ppl is a long time. But last time we had 2 weeks almost, and it felt really rushed. So 5 weeks should be plenty go get enough of the relatives.
Since I'm SO bored, here a count-down of "things I'm looking forward to in Romania"
10) Being able to walk outside without the fear of being shot - it'll just be the fear of being attacked by a gang of stray dogs
9) FOOD!!!! What's a post from me without FOOD??!! This can be a count-down all in itself...Heck, why not? Here it is:
#10 - Gogosi (home made donuts), #9 - Sarmale (cabbage rolls), #8 - Pateuri (hot pastries filled with lots of stuff - bought from a lot of little stands), #7 - Veggie Soup made by granny, #6 - fried homemade sausages, #5 - Bread that is NOT PITA, #4 - Yummy, Yummy FETA CHEESE!!!, #3 - Fresh Watermelon, #2 - Nescafe with Coke! Just joking! Bubbly Water, and #1 - MITITEI!!!! (grilled meat sausages) with bread and mustard, cooked on a portable grill on the side of the road.
8) Seeing Granny, Grampy, and Geta and spending lots and lots of time with them.
7) Going on a plane! Then we'll have nothing to do but we'll be on a plane with snacks and (hopefully good) movies.
6) Going to CORA - "hypermarket" that is close to the house in the city. Like a Mall, with a huge (though overpriced) food market. Yummy pastries and even a....
5) McDonalds!!! They will have a CHEESE-burger there for sure. We'll set Geta down there and hang out for hours to just watch people.
4) Movie theater at the mall!!! Last time we saw a movie was in S. Africa and it felt just so "normal" to be there... Ahhhh... to be "normal" again...
3) Visiting with people. We don't know many people here and the only time I socialize with anyone is at school and even there it's not for too long and only with 3 people... So needless to say I NEED someone else besides Sheepie to talk to. We're starting to drive each other crazy since we are so bored and I have nobody else to bug and talk to. So poor guy has to listen to me talk for hours... Poor, poor guy. Especially after I have coffee and get excited about Orlando!
2) Celebrating Geta's 50th Birthday. I bought her cool red shoes and filled them with jewelery. Rings, bracelets, and necklaces - lots of them because they were so cheap here. She's going to go crazy. She LOVES jewelry. It'll be fun to see her with all the stuff. We'll get her a huge cake with the crazy big fire-cracker that is illegal in the states.
1) Are you ready for this one???? You will never guess that this is. Can anyone guess? After I have 3 guess from people I will tell you. If nobody guesses, you will never know.
Okay, start guessing what #1 is and I'll give you a PRIZE!!!
Better give Sheepie the computer before he has a panic attack :)
Swell
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
4 comments:
Giving your parents a hug; shopping; coffee
I want Romanian cabbage rolls. Since I don't live in Vancouver I can't go over to Crina's parent's house and eat their left over cabbage rolls. So sad.
As the mysterious thing you are looking forward to? I'm going to go with anonymous... seeing your parents. (If anonymous is right they can't get a prize b/c they are anonymous - I'll take their prize for them).
Well, I think your number one thing you are looking forward to is: hanging out with people you haven't seen in a long time and not being stuck in the house.
Sorry Mauigirl! It's actually: STARBUCKS!!!! Yep, there's a Starbucks in Romania now, as of last month. As much as I wanna spend time with the family, it seems like I just saw them (my parents - in December) and my relatives (in late August) so I didn't get much of a chance to REALLY miss them. I'm looking forward to seeing them of course (they were on my top 10), but I'm quite excited about taking all of them to Starbucks! Which is located in close proximity to IKEA!!! And a Mall!!!
Yes, getting out of the house will be so nice. Just a few more days!!!
Lunch with the pres is in just a few hours...we'll see how much he tries to make us stay here...or not.
Swell
Post a Comment