Saturday, December 16, 2006

What do we do?

A sad day in our household today - we had to give up our satellite box this morning. Due to the way the billing cycle falls our satellite service would end while we were away for Christmas. We were leasing the receiver so they demanded it back. We had to leave it with the condo manager this morning. We only have regular TV now - like poor folk. A sad, sad day.

Swell was told by multiple patients over the last few weeks how much they will miss her. How they want her to contact them if she ever practices in the ATL again so they can see her. She was even hugged by some of them.

Me - let's just say that patients won't miss me. I won't miss them either. Took yet another person out of contact lenses today for abusing them (and one yesterday) - yelled at plenty more over the past few weeks. Had more people express their dismay for having to actually pay me (a whopping $29!). Had 4 patients scheduled for 3 o'clock today. Four full exams. I don't know how I can see four people at the same time - good thing one of them didn't show up. Three at once I can do.

We're partying at work tomorrow - the staff because I'm leaving and they'll be happy to be rid of me. Not really, they like me. 75% of the people I work with are looking for new jobs. One had an interview today, another last week. Resumes are being copied on our photo-copier like nobody's business. Not a great work environment.

To clear up some confusion. I did leave my camera with the rude camera dude. I went to pick it up today. (He said it would be done on Friday.) I showed up and said to the lady: "Lady I'm here to pick up my camera."

Lady: "Did you receive a call to say it was done?"

Me: Thinking: "Crap" saying: "Ummmm.... Noooo. I want it if its done or not."

Lady: "Ok." She goes to the back and says to rude dude: "He wants it if its done or not."

Rude dude looks over at me pulls lady aside and says something I couldn't hear.

Lady waltzes over with my camera and says: "It's not done".

I grab my camera and say: "Thank you".

DON'T GO TO JACK'S CAMERA IN DECATUR, GA!!!

As I wrote the above I wanted to ensure I got the name of the shop right - I did. I knew I got it right because the first result that came up in google was... of course... a complaint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you take your camera somewhere else?

Love Mum