Thursday, October 02, 2008

Life update

So I'm sitting here in Panera. I just came from a close by mall where I was looking for some dress shirts. I was looking specifically for one for my sister's wedding. I was somewhat successful but completely unsuccessful in finding pants. I'll just end up wearing a pair I already own.

I was unsuccessful because all the styles I liked were apparently European cut = tight. I don't like tight pants so I didn't get any.

That was a weird thing to talk about. What I was really tying to write is that I'm sitting here at Panera listening to a table full of High School Girls "study" for a test. They've been here for 45 minutes and have yet to open their books, yet I keep hearing at least a couple of them say "I can't fail another test". I have so much advice for them not the least of which is stop getting together to "study".

I'm sure they'll go home all proud that they "studied" for three hours tonight...

Swell is still doing well in Romania. She was going to do an update today but her internet connection was poor and she was unable to upload pictures. She hopes to be able to put up an update tomorrow.

She is going to be in Pantelimon (Bucharest) for another couple of days and then they'll be heading to Sinaia. Very exciting because all of her relatives (Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt) will be going. They have rented a couple of hotel rooms and will spend a few days eating out. Going on the gondola. Visiting Peles Castle. Eating out and just having a vacation. I think Nicle's is really looking forward to it.

I noted something I found very fun. I was preparing my life and looking at the day and time I leave for Edmonton. I leave Atlanta at 7:35 am on Thursday, October 9th. Swell leaves Romania at 2:30 pm on Thursday, October 9th. There is a 7 hour time difference between Romania and Atlanta. This means we leave at the same time (but I arrive 12 hours before her). I thought it was interesting.

I'm really, really looking forward to tomorrow night. Its the one and only vice-presidential debate. It is going to either be a coming out party for Sarah Palin or she's doing to go down in a ball of flames. I hope its a bitter debate with a lot of he said/she said. I'm hoping for this just for sheer entertainment value. My prediction is that she's going to embarrass herself, John McCain, conservatives, and Christians. I hope I'm wrong (not that I necessarily would vote Republican if I had the chance - in fact, given this year's choices I'd look outside of the two main parties or spoil my ballot if I could vote). It will be must watch TV.

Not much of an update but a life of waking up, working out, working (sometimes) and watching TV doesn't lend itself to exciting stories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude no tight pants? Especially not european ones? YOU ARE ESPECIALLY GOING TO HATE OUR WEDDING. BE PREPARED!

Jenn.

Unknown said...

Jenn: A lot concerned, I'm losing weight but I don't think I'll be prepared by your wedding... perhaps I can just get a really big size and they'll be more comfortable/look better.

Anonymous said...

Whatever we get will be comfortable for all of you!

i'm just bugging.
Jenn.