Monday, October 06, 2008

Picture Update

I meant to blog about the trip, but the internet here wasn't reliable and I really didn't make the time for it either. It's a rainy day here in Sinaia today so I have a little more time on my hands.

It's been a great trip so far. My mom and I had Geta (my aunt, mom's sister) with us the first 3 days of our trip. She's mentally ill (and then some) and is quite a handful sometimes, but most of the time she's very funny and good to be around with. It was nice to have her alone with us without my grandparents so we could focus more attention to her. The first day we went to the mall she got quite sick though (her eyes got stuck in upward gaze, for about 30 minutes, then 4-5 more times just a few minutes...so weird, apparently it's been happening since she was young), so we went home early. The second day we visited my dad's dad in the city center. He's very old (83?) and doesn't talk much, but likes to have visitors. Then we visited my cousin Robert and his family. We had a good time and enjoyed yummy grilled meat and veggies from their garden. Geta got to come with us for the first time and met his 4 kids (she LOVES kids). She got to hold the baby a lot, that was very fun for her.

We're currently in Sinaia, which is a mountain town here. Just about 125 km north of Bucuresti. It's Geta's first time here and my grandparents haven't been for over 20 years. It's nice witnessing a lot of firsts for them: first hotel room, first buffet breakfast (watch out!), first I Pod video demonstration, first Peles visit, first time vacationing as a family :) It's been a good time. I'm lucky to be able to be here with them.

I'm trying to think of a good story for all y'all... but I can't right now! Maybe the pictures will inspire me! Until then, just enjoy the pictures for now.

Tomorrow we'll hopefully go on the Telegondola.

We leave on Tuesday and I leave Romania on Thursday. It's been a great time, but it feels like I've been here FOREVER and I'll be ready to leave Thursday!

I couldn't decide what pictures to post, so here's a link to most of them so far! (sorry, just copy and past, I'm don't know how to do it fancy-like)

Edited by Matthew because he's so nice. Clickey Clickey

And here's a sample:

Oh how I hate this place!
From Romania2-2008


Geta
From Romania2-2008


G-Pa and me
From Romania2-2008


The kids and me
From Romania2-2008


Other G-Pa and me
From Romania2-2008


On the train
From Romania2-2008


From Romania2-2008


At Peles Castel
From Romania2-2008


Resting
From Romania2-2008


Sheepie
From Romania2-2008



Don't forget to look at the rest of them here
Romania2-2008

No comments: