Well most of you realize now that I've only really been in Nome for three days this time around. When I was in Little Diomede it was COLD.
It was so cold that I could barely stand to take my glove off to take pictures. Most of that cold was from the wind chill though. I don't think the air temperature was that bad - probably around 20-30 F (-12 to -1) - but with wind chill it was much, much colder.
When I got back to Nome I was shocked by the warmth. It is a veritable heat wave here. Sunrise occurs around 6:15 am with the sun setting at 11:45 pm. Daily highs are around 40 F (4 C) and lows around 25 (-4 C).
The snow is melting rapidly uncovering muddy dirt roads. Its not as pretty now as it was when we were here a couple of months ago but once the snow melts and the rain washes the dirt away it will be very nice again.
We'll put some pictures up in a the next couple of days.
Back to work tomorrow.
Anyone out there?
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
2 comments:
I promise I'm reading your blog, but I've been too busy. I leave on Thursday, and I'm sick again.
I will try to someday update my blog too.
I'm reading, too. Glad it's nice and toasty in Nome for you.
Post a Comment