Hi Headhunter woman,
During SwellandSheepie's 3 week visit, we have schedule a village trip 2/25-2/29. They will travel together on one of our smaller airlines to two remote eskimo villages. 1 village is Wales, AK and one village is Shishmaref, AK. They will travel with the optician here and she will orientate them to the clinic and be there the entire time with them.
They will all stay in the village clinic overnight. It is safe there and there will be separate sleeping areas for Pearce's and the optician. However, if they have sleeping bags, they may want to bring them. Most clinics are equipped with cots.
I am writing to make sure they are up for the trip. We will pay for the airfare, etc. The lodging is taken care of and they can enjoy the experience.
Please let me know if there are any problems with this. Wales does not have "running" water. There is water and there is a local store, but no actual running water. There are showers available.
I think they will love it. The other two weeks will be spent in Nome. We have an annual diabetes clinic 2/19-2/22. The entire week will be used to see our diabetic patients. We usually have about 70 patients come to town for this clinic, so that week may be busy.
(emphasis mine)
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
6 comments:
whooo hoooo! Sounds like a great adventure.
Love Mum
I think it sounds awesome. I wish I could come.
You will get to experience the 'Heart of Alaska'! Pretty cool to meet Eskimos ;-) BTW, what is their cusine like? I heard they prepare fish eyeballs, how true is that?
Crina
This will be so much fun. I looked up the two communities on-line and they are small! The one is on an island. Very cool.
I have info for you about our trip but I'm out tonight. Taking Colby to see Beauty and the Beast at the citadel. So much fun! Call me sometime tomorrow. I should be home all day.
Love,
J-L
After you freeze in Alaska you can come defrost here in Maui. ha ha...
The fish eyeballs are like candy. (I remember reading that in a text book in high school - I was horrified).
Defintely sounds like an adventure. : )
Post a Comment