I got paid - well - to see one patient. The rest of the day I just sat around doing nothing.
Nothing.
This particular practice depends upon insurance to draw patients in. I am in the process of being credentialed on the main insurances they take.
In the process means I am unable to see many of the patients as we wouldn't be reimbursed by their insurance company. So I sit.
And do nothing.
And get paid.
I feel quite guilty but they could have phoned and said: "Don't come in" but they didn't. So I did.
I am keeping up relatively well with my workouts.
I am following a training guide and do quite well with it. I didn't do my long run last Sunday so I'm repeating that week. Yesterday I upped my pace from the sloth-enly pace of 10:30 minutes/mile to the slightly more swift 10:00 min/mile and it actually felt better.
I missed last Sunday's long run because I was cooking with Swell.
We attend a bible study (Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey) immediately following church on Sundays. Church starts at 5:30pm and our bible study (not really at all a study of the bible...) ends at around 9:00 pm. This doesn't bode well for people's consumption of supper so one couple or two singles bring food for the group each week.
This week was our turn. Swell bristled at my suggestion of fruit roll-ups, chips, and doughnuts. She wanted to impress people (real Christianly, no?). So on Sunday, we cooked.
Chiftele is a typical Romanian dish.
Meat mixed with more meat with a dash of meat for good measure.
Sunday morning found us at the local Farmer's market (Your Dekalb Farmer's Market - Mine? I didn't even ask for it!) buying ground beef (3 pounds), ground turkey (1 pound) and ground pork (1 pound).
I told you it was meaty.
In addition to these meats (of which we used all the turkey, pork and 2.5 pounds of the beef) mashed potatoes were added along with egg, seasonings, and bread crumbs.
The meats were mixed expertly by your's truly made into balls squished into patties and then fried.
I did a fantabulous job on the meat and meat by-products while Swell made the potato salad.
As a former vegetarian I was simultaneously revolted and intrigued.
Despite a late start to bible study and another couple bringing a dish (poor communication in our group - our leader wasn't there this week [it's a video series] and he neglected to inform them that we had volunteered to bring the meal this week) oh well.
They were sufficiently impressed and Swell beamed appropriately.
ASIDE:
For goodness sake if someone doesn't tell this ignorant hick family to stop yelling at each other sometime soon I may have to scream. Furthermore if the mother doesn't stop telling her kid he's wrong about why we celebrate Thanksgiving by telling him that it is the day the Mayflower landed I'll go over there take their youngest, screamingist child and beat them each with her.
/ASIDE
It was declared that we made the best meal yet and that we should just be left in charge of the food.
Now if Swell would only cook for me.
Tomorrow is my day off. Swell works. I don't. Life is good. Thanks for asking.
1 comment:
We have been in Ardrie and saw Robin and Karen for coffee, then saw Dennis and Anita in Calgary for breakfast - on to B.C. for two days in a great B & B to visit with the Scrantons. Back to Edmonton to fly to Wpg yesterday. Saw Sasha for supper tonight. Tomorrow on to Lake of the Woods to stay a couple of days with Aunty Pat at her smanchy fancy cottage. We are having fun while you are making money for doing nothing. Good thing you are making it - we aren't leaving you anything - we are busy spending more than what we have. Bad parents. Love you both. Mum
Post a Comment