Sunday, April 19, 2009

Conversation

Scene: Vegetable section of the local supermarket.

Matthew is holding the red plastic basket while Nicole selects from the small selection of decent looking vegetables. Matthew continually looks around nervously.

Matthew "Nickers. Why is everyone looking at me?"
Nicole "DID YOU FORGET TO PUT YOUR PANTS ON AGAIN?"

Matthew "No"

He quickly looks down to verify his answer.

Matthew "NO!"

Nicole sighs "Nobody is looking at you Matthew".

Matthew "But Nicle's those guys are looking at me and laughing."
Nicole "Let's just finish shopping you paranoid freak."

They fill the basket with their vegetables and figure they have enough to last the week.

Matthew "Nickies I don't want to go get these vegetables weighed by the weigher dude. He was looking at me this whole time. And laughing. With his buddies. I don't like them."
Nicole "Dude, you're such a big fat baby. I'll take them."

Matthew "Thank you sweetie."

Nicole heads to the weigh station and Matthew hangs back and looks at the fruits. He notes that Nicole is now talking to the weigher dude and they are BOTH laughing.

He checks his pants, yet again, and realizing that they are, in fact, on his body (this time) he skulks forward to investigate.

Weigher dude pointing at Matthew and speaking to Nicole "... and he looks just like Tom Cruise!"

Nicole "Ha ha ha ha.... ha ha ha ha.... ha ha ha!"

Matthew "Oh great..."
Nicole "Ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha.... ha ha ha!"

6 comments:

Jill said...

Interesting time at the store!

J-L said...

Tee hee! Sad thing is I've heard others (like your oldest sister) say that before. Nice to turn heads, I guess.

Patty G said...

LOL. that was awesome.

Unknown said...

Its surprising to me how often I hear that comparison. When I was seeing patients more full time it was probably once a week.

Anonymous said...

Be thankful your taller then him B-L

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't jump on couches either and if you start getting into Scientology I might slap you out of it haha.

Jenn