"So I was at Starbucks today (which sucked because I don't like coffee and I don't like the trendy, silly corporate behemoth that Starbucks is), anyhoo... I was sitting at my little table working on my thesis when next to me sat some silly middle aged men who have discovered how to make millions.
Now they didn't say to me this idea is copy-written and they were speaking in public place very loudly so you can take their idea and make millions if you get it done before them!
Here is the idea...wait for it...it's a doozy. You have to realize that they were very excited about it and were thinking they will make millions and millions. They were talking about all the contacts they have in industry and how great their lives are and how many people they know and talking and talking.
Their idea... it's a good one. I can't believe it hasn't been done yet. It's like the next wheel. It will change the world forever and one day you'll look back and say: "I remember when Matthew told me about this. I wish I could've invested in this thing because those guys who came up with it must be billionaires."
The idea - that was talked about for hours and hours and said great idea about over and over is -
to create a company that allows you to pay for things via your... I can't believe the ingenuity of this idea...
this company would be set up in such a way that you could pay for your goods and services with your cell phone! Your cell phone. You would call up some phone center load your cell phone with money and somehow the cashier would take that information and you'll have your purchase purchased. Their motto: "When you just don't feel safe carrying your cash."
I saw this sign at the parking lot across the street from our house the other day:

I don't know who is behind this program but if its you men I overheard in Starbucks I apologize profusely.
I still think its a stupid idea though.
5 comments:
the option to pay for stuff with you cell phone has been around in Japan for years!!
Do you just use a credit card over your cell phone in Japan? Or how does that work? (Is that Stacy?)
Nicole
BNNBK BVN BNBNNBNBBNBNCCC .JN J MJNMN MN MN N MM,M,.
(Anna thought she would leave you guys a little message!) LOL... Hope you can read it!
You just wave your cell phone over the scanner like you would a bar code. Guess there is a chip or something in the phone? Not sure but I saw ppl use it when I was in Japan. Kinda scary if you lose your phone!
What's wrong with old fashioned on-line bill pay? I sit with a stack of bills - just before they are due - and tippity, tappity on the keyboard I go... and wa-la... bills are paid and the lights stay on for another month.
Post a Comment