I'm currently in Frankfurt and paid a fortune to use the internet for an hour. But I am typing this post while logged out, so I’m not wasting any minutes!!! I got here about an hour ago and I have about 4 hours until I get to board the plane…that’s a long, long time of just sitting here. I’ve got nothing better to do, but to bore all who read this with a post about not much! Ha! If I’m bored, you too must join me and be bored along with me!
Lucky for me, there’s a McCafe!!! Those of you privileged enough to have been to a McCafe in Europe understand my jump for joy when I arrived at the B gates. So here I am, with my Grande Hot Chocolate (it’s 4:00am back home, I’m not crazy enough to get a coffee drink…I might regret this soon) and a chocolate croissant. This is the good part of my layover. This McCafe/McDonald’s has a HUGE sitting area, and really the only sitting area that I could find.
You see, I had to get through security to get here. I tried going all the way to my gate just to check it out and you have to go through security yet again to get there as well. So, I’ll be sitting here probably until my computer battery needs to be recharged. I’m looking around, but don’t see any plug-ins in the sitting area.
The flight over here was actually not bad. Had an aisle seat and nobody right next to me. Just a stinky guy in the other seat. Why are there so many stinky people here? We didn’t even get to Europe yet, but I could smell it from Atlanta.
To my surprise, there was only 11 movies to choose from! Of those, about 4-5 were foreign. Of the rest, there were only 3 that I have not yet seen! I watched Drillbit (unsure of the name), which I enjoyed – funny and entertaining kid movie. Then I watched Nim’s Island, which was okay – young kids movie. I tried watching some of the TV shows, but the only one I was interested in was a Two and a Half Men one. I never watch this show on regular TV at home, only on the TVs on planes. I never fly Lufthansa since they are usually more expensive. The episode they had was one I already had seen! I watched it anyways.
It was impossible to sleep since I had nobody to rest my head on! Oh, I miss Sheepie so…but I’ll try to keep it together for this post. I tried so hard to fall asleep, but some part of my body was always uncomfortable. I did just close my eyes and put my scarf all the way over my head (to block light from others’ monitors) but I don’t think I fell asleep at all. Soon enough it was time for breakfast and I started to watch “What Happens in Vegas”, but didn’t get to finish it (which is fine, we all know how it’s going to end anyways). I tried watching it once before, but got bored. It seemed more tolerable this time around.
I’m kinda mad I didn’t try to get an earlier flight back while I was still at home. I thought I could just try to just get on the earlier flight (which just left now – would’ve made it no problem) when I got to the gate. However, I forgot about the luggage fiasco I would face if I landed earlier… I asked if they could get my luggage if I went on the earlier flight, but they said NO!
I think I’m looking forward to this trip finally. Actually, I’m just looking forward to being there. I hate waiting in an European airport, especially one that makes you go through security AGAIN to get to your gate! It’s so stupid. I had to get through security to get here, so why do it again? This also makes it impossible to just sit by your gate for a while, leave and walk around, go back, etc. There is really no sitting areas here, except for the restaurants. Of course, I think it’s all a conspiracy. The airlines LOVE to give you long layovers so you have plenty of time to shop and spends lots of money in the airport. It worked for me. I spent money on internet, food, and that’s about it since there’s no German sausage in sight! Sorry Grandpa, I wanted to get you some meat from Germany, but the duty-free stores don’t carry any.
So, back to the trip. I think all who read this blog know that I’m going to visit my family in Romania for a couple of weeks. My mom had wanted to go back, and I wanted to join her. She had planned this right after she went in May – she didn’t feel like she had enough time with the family. It’s never enough for me either, so I’m happy to go back. I’m bummed out that Matthew won’t be there, but we really couldn’t afford both of us not working.
I don’t think we’ve been away for this long ever since we got married 6 years ago! Hopefully the time will go by fast and I won’t cry everyday…just kidding, I won’t cry at all I hope.
Anyways, I guess I should post this before my computer dies. Oh, I’m actually close to windows…I can see Germany. The most I’ve seen of Germany anyways. It’s cloudy and wet and looks likes Portland.
Oh, one more thing: I MISS YOU SHEEPIE!!!!
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment