Entertain you? Entertain you? Entertain you?
No.
You heard me. No.
I will not entertain you. I will not entertain you because I'm tired, I'm busy and I'm not happy.
As I said earlier (if you were paying attention) I've been writing some papers and have been hit with some deadlines.
I wrote one which will be published very soon (next month?) and I was consistently emailing back and forth with the editor. It is a simple one page "story" about our time away. I never would have guessed a one page story would be so much work.
So. Much. Work.
I'll take a picture of the published paper when I receive it.
I've also been revising a paper I wrote while in Nablus. I think I wrote about getting the paper back with some comments calling for revisions. I was not surprised with the need to revise, however, I was surprised with how much work and time it would take to revise. The plan was to do it while I was sitting around bored in Romania but as you know my computer was dead and I was unable to work on it until recently.
I've spent hours and hours working on it over the last week or 10 days and have just sent it to a friend/colleague to read it over and give some feedback. While he has the paper I will be writing (as I've just learned from said friend/colleague) a long/detailed letter to the editor indicating what changes I've made to the paper (many) as well as nicely telling one of the reviewers to shove it on a couple of their suggestions.
I was to work on that today but Swell also had today off... when Swell has the day off we have to leave to buy things for people in Romania. So instead of working on said letter I went shopping.
I've also picked up two extra work days this week as we need the money and I was only going to work Saturday this week so my schedule has been changed yet again. I'm hoping that it won't be busy tomorrow as I'm working for Swell's boss and she's never busy but I'm working at a location that had the Optometrist had to leave for an emergency so it may be busy with his patients. We'll see. Hopefully I'll be paid to work on the paper.
That said. Entertain yourselves.
(I hope you know I'm just teasing Mr. or Ms. Anonymous. Thanks for reading.)
US Imperialism - Military Forces
6 years ago
2 comments:
Thanks for the update Matthew. Sorry to hear the papers are so much work but glad you are moving ahead on them.
Love Mum
Uh, you can't write create a great blog then tell us to entertain ourselves! Hello!
: )
Post a Comment