Sunday, April 22, 2007

Swell = Crazy?

So I guess you just make do when you live in a country that speaks a language you don't know. Today Swell wanted to know if she was about to purchase beef or lamb meat. We don't really eat either but her parents sent us some seasoning pouches (taco seasoning) and we decided to make pizza with them. This required meat if it was available. She picks up one of the packages gets a determined look in her eye and marches right up to the store owner points at the package of meat and says, loudly and with great emphasis:



Moooo or Baaaaa?





It was truly a sight and sound to behold. The store owner after recovering from the shock of having a western woman make animal noises at him replied: "Ma'am that is lamb meat. Can I interest you in something else?"


Just kidding. He actually said: "Baaaa." and then called a child over to translate the types of meat he had. We settled on chicken and made some yummy chicken taco pizza.

On a completely different topic I want all y'all to peruse the email I received yesterday. What say you to that? We said Ha! Ha! Ha!

"Hello Sheepie

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I will be traveling on Monday for a
week. I am supposed to be giving an exam in Clinical Optometry I for the 2nd
year students on Wednesday 25th April. I did not write the exam, would it be
possible for you to do that on my behalf and give it to the students?
The material..."

See why we laughed?


Our new found Atlanta roots came out today. While we were watching an episode of the West Wing both Swell and I, at the same time, went "Ohhhhh!" just like they do in the ghetto movie theater by our house. You know the people that talk to the screen. "Don't go in there!" etc. It was a nice reminder of what it is like to live in Atlanta. Another reason to go back soon. To watch the people watch the movie. I find it fun - as long as its not a movie I'm dying to see.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Way to go Swell. I'm glad you got the right meat for your pizza.

Anonymous said...

Moooooo.....
CP

apriljahns said...

I'm with CP: Moo