I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some recent photos with all y'all. No laughing.
The conference at which the clinic was officially opened was also the start of the Palestinian VISION 2020 plan.

After the speeches Swell pulled out her camera and started taking pictures. Once the camera came out the students all wanted their pictures taken. They also pulled out their cell phones and started taking pictures of us.

Swell really liked these girls' dresses. The dresses are actually owned by the school and are used for any special events.

The pretty dresses up close.

They even asked me to participate in the pictures. In this one the girls would actually stand near me. A previous set of girls wouldn't stand anywhere near me. In fact they made sure Swell was standing between me and them. Very funny.

These are the two hardest working people in the whole of An-Najah. The young man cleans everything but the women's bathroom. The woman does that. The young man comes by our office two or three times a day to empty the trash - we really don't produce trash enough to empty 3 times a day but he checks anyway.

We've taken to going for a short walk most afternoons. There is a very small store just about 400 m away from our home. A slightly larger store is about 800 M away. This is a picture of our building taken from near the smaller store.

This is Sheepie Sr. coming home from one of the stores

This is the greatest sight I have ever seen. We saw it after one of our store trips. The coolest use of the coolest car in the world!

A little bit closer.

Sometimes we need water from the stores near our house. Of course the big packages of water are at the far store not at the close store. This is me carrying the water home. I'm soooo strong!

The last photo. Remember I said don't laugh!
6 comments:
sorry, couldn't help but laugh. Thanks for the pictures. They were great.
Love Mum
I tried not to laugh, but it didn't last long. I agree about the hardest working person in the university, I never seen someone so dedicated to their garbage picking job.
Swell, is that your scarf that you have around your shoulders? I have one simular.Thanks for the pictures.
I love the picture with the donkey. So funny.
You paint a good picture with words but a picture really is worth a thousand words.
p.s you got deleted meanie pants.
LOVE the donkey picture!
Post a Comment